Sunday, September 28, 2008

Am I A Bad Person For This?

CNN just ran an article announcing that Congress finally announced their resuce bill. From the article:


Lawmakers' goal is to shore up a deal before financial markets around the world open on Sunday evening.

By which they mean the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Naturally, the first thing I do is to look up the time in Japan, they are 14 hours ahead of CST (3:00pm here 5:00am there). Next I look up the hours for the TSE: trading starts at 9:00am.


Finally I have to smile, in kind of an evil way, at the thought of over 400 congress-persons running around (literally) trying to find the votes to get this to go through.
Guys, you have 3 hours and 39 minutes to find the votes, pass the bill, and get it signed.
Enjoy.


2 comments:

Katie Addington said...

Mmm... cynical, yes... bad is up for debate.

tubagirl said...

lol....this is the kind of political post that amuses me.