Monday, November 10, 2008

The Things You Find

I've been spending a lot of time packing (at least when this was written) and moving recently out of The Shelter back to my parents' house. Because I plan to move agian by January I am putting in more effort than normal so I don't essentially move twice. This is my most organized move every. It really gets better every time.

I think I've found all the instrutments I own, it is kinda of amazing. Apparently I just can't get rid of something musical after I get it. I apparently own all the following (and "tested" half of them while moving :-)
  1. Accoustic Guitar
  2. Electric Guitar & Amp
  3. Recorder (for real, since 5th grade, and I still know the fingerings!)
  4. A juice harp (aka "Jew's Harp", despite not being connected with Judisiasm.)
  5. A tenor saxophone dating back to approximately 1929.
  6. An shortened electric keyword (e.g., it is like a regular electric piano but missing an octave on either end.)
  7. Harmonica in the key of C
I think that is it. I was pretty pumped about finding my juice harp again, and taking out the sax for a bit. I can actually play all of them but the keyboard (well, I can play most chords in the key of G and play simple melodies, but not really play.) But I figure not playing keyboard is compensated by playing Tuba. Unforatently, I don't have one of those on hand :-( They are pretty awesome!

I love playing all of these, even the onese I suck at (most).

Writ November 1st, 2008


1 comment:

tubagirl said...

i know i've got a tuba laying around in my room somewhere...