Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Second Step

I have successfully completed the second step of becoming a great writer: not writing.

I know, it sounds odd to say that, especially as I just wrote a post about the one defining thing about writers is that they write. Well, they also spend a lot of time not writing, and I seem to be better at that part.

I have a common theme running through my blog posts, going back five years (although many of them are lost), that theme now continues, "I had some great things written in my head, but they didn't hit the page."

I didn't work I think that I would have a lot more time to write. In fact, I would probably have 25-40 more hours a week to write. Of course, all the things that pop into my head while pushing carts wouldn't and I would probably end up doing the same thing that I do when I get home anyway, splitting my time between reading up on the day's news and playing mafia wars.

This is a really boring post, I know that, I am just going to say that straight up. But in the past week I've spent enough time on the second step of writing that I need to spend at least some time on the first part.


No comments: